The WNBA announced the reserves for this weekend’s All-Star Game today. Head coaches selected the reserves by voting for six players within their conference, including two guards, two forwards, one center and one player regardless of position. Coaches are not permitted to vote for players on their team.
Eastern Conference Reserves
- Katie Smith (Detroit Shock), Guard
- Jia Perkins (Chicago Sky), Guard
- Sancho Lyttle (Atlanta Dream), Forward/Center
- Shameka Christon (New York Liberty), Forward
- Asjha Jones (Connecticut Sun), Forward
- Erika de Souza (Atlanta Dream), Forward/Center
Western Conference Reserves
- Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury), Guard
- Cappie Pondexter (Phoenix Mercury), Guard/Forward
- Nicky Anosike (Minnesota Lynx), Center
- Tina Thompson (Los Angeles Sparks), Forward
- Charde Houston (Minnesota Lynx), Forward
- Sophia Young (San Antonio Silver Stars), Forward
The starting lineups, announced July 14, were selected by fans. Indiana Fever forward and six-time All-Star Tamika Catchings led all players with 94,316 votes. Catchings received the most votes for the second time, having also earned the honor in 2006.
San Antonio Head Coach Dan Hughes will coach the West. The East will be led by Indiana Head Coach Lin Dunn.
The All-Star Game, the ninth in league history, will be held on Saturday, July 25 at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.