What an incredible year it has been!! The female skate scene really exploded in 2010 and there is so much to be proud of:
– a huge rise in participation (both at the grass roots and professional level)
– a big increase in the number of events around the world (competitions and tours)
– a definite improvement in the prize money for ladies (although still further to go in our opinion)
– more companies than ever before sponsoring female riders (although again it would be nice to see this appear as financial rather than product a bit more often)
– an impressive increase in coverage and marketing of girls events (although a lot of this has been driven within the scene)
– and perhaps most importantly another giant stride in terms of the skate skills on display; such alot of progression and such a lot of talent
With that last point in mind, below are the 2010 World Cup Skateboarding Rankings for girls street discipline. All of these girls are absolutely raising the bar and pushing themselves and each other harder than ever before – we salute you.
What were the highlights for you?