Turning 24 over the weekend got me thinking. I’m officially in my mid-twenties now, which made me think about what kinds of things I wanted to do/accomplish/experience before I start to feel the pulls of real life and don’t have as much free time for fun things.
Right now, my biggest responsibility is my job. I don’t have to worry about taking care of kids or a dog or paying a mortgage. I really just have to make sure I can pay my rent and put food in my mouth.
I haven’t made very much progress on my list on yet, so I’m hoping you can give me some ideas. I’m open to just about any kind of suggestion. And although, I don’t promise to use everything you suggest, I do promise to post the list once it’s finalized.
So please help me out.
Here’s what I’ve got so far:
1. Run a marathon
2. Run each popular race distance (5k, 10k, half marathon, etc) one more time since it’s my last year in the 20-24 age group.
3. Win an age group award. This requires finding a very small race.
4. Learn how to take better pictures. Maybe take a photography class.
5. Volunteer at a race.
6. Break 2 hours in a half marathon.
7. Read at least one book a month. (Ideally more)
8. Travel/take a vacation. (Open to suggestions on where to go)
9. Learn how to unplug from time to time.
Right now my list heavily focuses on athletic/running accomplishments, which is awesome, but please feel free to suggest things totally non workout related. I want to expand my horizons and try all kinds of new things this year.
Throw your ideas out there.
What else should I add to my list?