I scratch my head too sometimes!
If you’re like me, you’ve seen all kind of stuff around the softball field over the years.
Softball is a very conservative sport with many urban beliefs and where old habits die hard.
Sometimes, we even see stuff that is plain crazy or advice that would make Mike Candrea wanna coach soccer!
Help me make a list of such things, beliefs, and old-school practices that are now a thing of the past.
Post yours in the comments section below.
Here’s a couple to get us started:
1. The “elbow up” advice for hitters <- probably THE biggest urban belief!
2. Running a “9-fielders-waiting-while-1-batter-is-hitting” practice
3. Doing static stretching to warm-up before games
4. Swinging a heavy bat in the on-deck circle
5. “Squish the bug” hitting technique
What else do you have?
How about you, what do you think?
Powered by Sidelines