I had a lot of fun writing the A to Z series and I hope you liked reading it. I’ve gotten a lot of new readers lately and I wanted to make sure that you got a chance to enjoy the alphabetical goodness too!
The A to Z series: Letters K thru O
Back in the day, I was a teacher and I came up with my fair share of quizzes and tests. Now it’s your turn. Your task is to match the post title to the appropriate snippet from the actual post. The only reward for you is the inner knowledge that you’re a smarty pants.
- Go to sleep people! I know coaches “get after it” and work crazy hours and whatnot…but we still have to go to bed at some point. Lack of sleep lowers our ability to function so much so that Amnesty International has deemed sleep deprivation as torture.
- I believe that God created me to coach. Not because I think I’m some sort of baller coach, but because I believe in what sport teaches young people. I feel privileged to be able to teach life lessons (disguised as athletics) that these young ladies will be able to use out in the real world.
- As Wooden says, “success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” I’m sure all of us, players and coaches, want to feel that kind of peace of mind.
- “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” –Albert Einstein
- My philosophy is based on the cornerstones of John Wooden’s Pyramid of Success: work hard, have fun. That philosophy is omnipresent…as I scout opponents, recruit new players, chat with alums, develop new teams, and even as I cultivate solid work relationships. I don’t mind working hard, because I get to do something fun: coach volleyball!
Answer key: A-5, B-2, C-4, D-1, E-3
Now you’ve got some homework…go read those articles and be a learning leader for your team!
Click here and you can get Coach Dawn Writes articles emailed directly to your inbox! It’s free and easy…and you won’t get spammed.