Davis Courtesy Dave Mandel Sherdog.com
After the craziness that was InvictaFC 2, the MMA Unified rankings changed in all divisions with the exception of the featherweights.
The biggest moves came in the bantamweight division, as only #1 Ronda Rousey and #2 Sarah Kaufman the only ones remaining the same.
- With her win over Hitomi Akano, Alexis Davis moves to #3 with Akano dropping off the list completely.
- Sara McMann’s win over Shayna Baszler gains the undefeated McMann the #4 spot. Baszler returns to the list after a year and a half absence at #7.
- Marloes Coenan (who hasn’t fought in the 135 division for a year) has dropped off the list.
- In all the shifting, Tate winds up at the #5 spot.
- Liz Carmouche takes the #6 spot defeat of Vanessa Porto, who drops off the list.
- Julie Kedzie pushed herself to #8 as Sarah D’Alleio (#9) and Amanda Nunes (#10) enter the list off their respectve wins at InvictaFC 2.
Expect more changes in September as Kaufman takes on Rousey for her title and Tate takes on Kedzie at Strikeforce Aug. 18.
The 125 division top 5 didn’t change, with Sally Krumdiack dropping off the list completely. Hanna Sillen (#7), Marianna Kheyfets (#8), and Heather Clark (#9) all move up a spot with Sarah Alpar making the list at #10.
The strawweights sees InvictaFC 2 winner Carla Esparza (#4) and Seo Hee Ham (#5) trade places. Two Japanese fighters (Kyoko Takabayashi and Yuka Tsuji) leave the list; pushing Felice Herrig to the #8 spot. Ashley Cummins (#9) and Patricia Vidonic (#10) enter the top ten.
Felice Herrig is the only one in the top ten to fight this month, as she takes on Simona Soukupova at XFC live on AXSTV (formerly HDNet) Friday.
Top five stay the same in the atomweight division with Yasuko Tamada (#6) and Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (#9) entering the list. Naoko Omuro drops to #8, while Sadae Suzumura drops to #10.