1. Stanford (18-1, 9-0). A to-the-limit overtime win over Cal sling-shots the Cardinal into the second half of the Pac-12 schedule. Chiney Ogwumike could end up as the conference player of the week for the third week in a row, a reward for her surging play.
2. Cal (15-6, 6-3). Oh-so-close for the Bears, who should have some good momentum heading into the Arizona trip this weekend.
3. Gonzaga (19-3, 8-1). The Zags avenged their only conference loss by winning at St. Mary’s on Saturday. They needed it to keep pace with BYU, which keeps winning and is now nationally ranked.
4. Arizona State (15-5, 6-3). The winners of five straight games, the Sun Devils are hosting the Bay Area schools this week and that will present a big challenge to their win streak.
5. Fresno State (17-4, 5-0). Six straight wins all by double-digits for the Bulldogs, the only unbeaten team in the WAC, who may start to get a look in the national rankings.
6. San Diego State. (16-4, 6-0). Twelve straight wins for Beth Burns’ team, the program’s longest winning streak in 17 years.
7. USC (10-9, 5-4). The Women of Troy got swept in their first-ever road trip to Colorado and Utah and their NCAA hopes are dimming fast.
8. San Diego (15-5, 6-2). The Torreros are now in sole possession of third place in the WCC behind BYU and Gonzaga.
9. St. Mary’s (16-7, 7-3). The Gaels couldn’t hold at home on to pull off the season sweep against Gonzaga, but are keeping pace in an improved conference this season.
10. UNLV (17-5, 6-1). Four straight wins and seven of eight for Kathy Olivier’s Rebels.