Here we go! Start of a new season. First impressions are below. Agree, disagree…there’s always next week.
1. Stanford (1-0). The Cardinal started off strong with a win over a Rutgers team that wanted to atone for its loss at Cal.
2. Cal (2-0). The Bears had an impressive weekend, beating Rutgers and then handling St. Mary’s at home. This team might be even better than some of us thought.
3. UCLA (2-0). Hard to decide between these two teams, who both had good wins. UCLA beating San Diego State on the road was very, very solid.
3. USC (1-0). The Women of Troy started off strong with the Gonzaga win. Now things get harder tonight at Duke.
5. Gonzaga (0-1). The Zags will likely lose their ranking, but there was no shame in a close loss to USC in LA. Stanford coming to town this weekend.
6. Arizona State (2-0). A strong start from the Sun Devils, but the competition gets alot tougher this week when they travel to Knoxville to face the No. 4 Lady Vols.
7. Fresno State (2-0). The Bulldogs pulled off the second-highest scoring game in program history, defeating Sacramento State, 120-93.
8.Powered by Sidelines