Cage Warrirors is doing their part to help organize the female MMA divisions in Europe.
Inspired by the success of InvictaFC and current UFC signee Rosi Sexton, the UK based promotion announced Monday they signed 18 female fighters and will establish three more female division along side their female flyweights.
Sexton was a staple of Cage Warriors for much of its history, and has proven that Europe is growth market for the sport. With the new signees from across the continent, the hope is to help organize the divisions. Cage Warriors has a great relationship with InvictaFC, having help send Katja Kankaanpää to the all female promotion, and in turn, InvictaFC loaning Joanne Calderwood to Cage Warriors. It would be interesting to see if we see more talent exchanges in the future.
We are not sure when matches for upcoming Cage Warriors events will be announced, but with the roster below, we got to think it won’t be too long.
Here is a list of the current signees and their home country:
- Catherine Costigan (2-0) – Ireland
- Vanessa Reinsch (1-1) – Germany
- Vanessa Rico (0-1) – Spain
- Karla Benitez (10-4) – Spain
- Irene Cabello (1-1) – Spain
- Kirsty Davis (0-0) – Spain
- Chloe Hinchcliffe (1-3; 1 NC) – England
- Kate Jackson (4-2) – England
- Rachael McMillan (0-0) – England
- Slavka Vitali (2-0) – Italy
- L.J. Adams (1-1) – England
- Emma Delaney (0-0) – England
- Laura Howarth (3-0) – England
- Kerry Hughes (0-0) – England
- Amanda Kelly (0-0) – England
- Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (3-0) – Poland
- Eeva Siiskonen (2-0) – Finland
- Hannah Stephens (1-1) – England
Filed under: MMAPowered by Sidelines