Texas A&M 76, Notre Dame 70
Championship Coverage Around the Web
- Irish no match for Aggies in title game (hoopfeed.com)
- Video: Texas A&M’s Danielle Adams’ legacy, Kelsey Bone looks ahead (hoopfeed.com)
- Adams leads Aggies to national championship (aggiesports.com)
- Texas A&M Women’s Basketball Notebook (aggiesports.com)
- For Aggies, Tuesday was a night to remember (chron.com)
- A turnaround complete (thebatt.com)
- Once unthinkable, Texas A&M crowned champions for first time (si.com)
- Texas A&M defeats Irish for first title (AP)
- ‘Home court’ edge not enough for Irish (AP)
- ‘Trust in Tyra’ (thebatt.com)
- Magic runs out for Irish (wsbt.com)
- Gary Blair still going strong for Texas A&M Aggies (espn.com)
- Notre Dame is denied NCAA championship, but women’s team traveled stellar journey (southbendtribune.com)
- Aggies win NCAA Championship (Houston Roundball Review)
- Texas A&M finishes the season with a school record 33 wins.
- Head coach Gary Blair wins his first National Championship in his second career trip to the Final Four. He previously led Arkansas to the Final Four in 1998. The Aggies capture their first National Championship in their first ever trip to the Final Four and eighth all-time NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Danielle Adams’ game-high 30 points sets a new career high in the NCAA Tournament. In addition, it marks the eighth 30-plus point game of the season for Adams.
- Adams has also now scored in double figures in seven of eight all time NCAA Tournament games.
- Tyra White has scored in double figures in seven straight NCAA Tournament games.
- Sydney Colson recorded 13 steals over the final three games of the Tournament, including eight in the Final Four.