On Sunday, my husband and I got a chance to race in our very first triathlon. We participated in the first race of the Club Med Triathlon series at the Club Med resort in Port St. Lucie, Florida. The resort was a 72 mile drive from our house, so we woke up at 4:45 AM in order to get to the race venue in time to do packet pick up, collect our timing chips, get body marked and set up our transition area with all of our swim-bike-run gear.
You can never bring too much gear with you. I brought two pairs of goggles with me, a clear pair and a mirrored pair. It was kind of an overcast day so I decided to race with my clear goggles and left the mirrored ones in transition. When we got down to the swim start we saw a few triathletes doing a swim warm up. Our friend Phillip went to put his goggles on and we heard a loud snap, the strap to his goggles broke. I handed him my clear goggles and did a quick sprint back to transition to get my mirrored pair.
Club Med Race Series Dates
- Sunday, February 6 – sprint triathlon
- Saturday, March 26 – 5k & 10k running races
- Sunday, March 27 – sprint triathlon
- Saturday, May 21 – sprint triathlon, 5k & 10k running races
- Sunday, May 22 – Olympic triathlon
- Saturday, July 23 – 5k & 10k running races
- Sunday, July 24 – sprint triathlon
- Saturday, September 10 – sprint triathlon, 5k & 10k running races
- Sunday, September 11- Olympic triathlon
- Saturday, November 5 – 5k & 10k running races
- Sunday, November 6 – sprint triathlon
Powered by Sidelines