This recipe was create by the Cranberry Marketing Institute and I made it for my July Fourth TV segment. I highly recommend it for your next bbq-it’s worth the effort for this sweet and smoky sauce to compliment your grilled chicken and pork. For more info about cranberries visit http://www.cranberryinstitute.org/.
Makes 3 cups
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle (smoked jalapeño chili) powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté ginger, onions and garlic in olive oil until tender but not browned.
- Combine remaining ingredients in food processor or blender with ginger-onion-garlic mixture. Process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Powered by Sidelines