New Zealand’s Van Durin (now 4-0) is the new champion, getting a TKO, split decision, and submission in her wins.
Opening round action saw Van Durin take out Michelle Peruzzi by TKO at 2:01 in the first round. In the semi-finals, she would take on a game Arlene Blencowe, who had fought twice in the opening round; losing to Kate Da Silva by rear naked choke; and defeating Maryanne Mullahy by unanimous decision as a wild card pick. Blencowe still looked solid against Van Durin, but Van Durin would take the split decision.
In the other semi-final, Da Silva would get the armbar submission win over Ginny Connors by submission at 1:28 of round 1.
The finals was competitive with both fighters battling back and forth in very close rounds. After being taken down by Da Silva in the fourth, Van Durin worked in a triangle from her back and gets the tap at 1:36 to win the tournament.
Van Duin is now a two sport champion, as she is the Storm Damage MMA Featherweight and WKBF Junior Welterweight kickboxing champion.
Here is the complete results:
- Ginny Connors def. Belinda Sedgwick by submission (arm triangle) 0:33 round 1
- Kate Da Silva def. Arlene Blencowe by submission (rear naked choke) 2:17 round 2
- Faith Van Duin def. Michelle Peruzzi by TKO 2:01 round 1
- Arlene Blencowe def Maryanne Mullahy unanimous decision
- Kate Da Silva def. Ginny Connors by submission (armbar) 1:28 round 1
- Faith Van Duin def. Arlene Blencowe by split decision
- Faith Van Duin def. Kate Da Silva by submission (triangle choke) 1:36 round 4
Thanks to Neil Rooke from MMACorner.com for the results.
Filed under: MMA