The Indiana Fever defeated the New York Liberty 75-67 Sunday night in Indianapolis evening the best-of-three series at 1-1. Tamika Catchings led the Fever with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Game 3 is Wednesday in New York.
Notes and Quotes
- Indiana ended a three-game losing streak against the Liberty that is New York’s longest vs. the Fever since it won each of the first six games the two played in 2000 and 2001.
- With team-highs of 17 points and 13 rebounds, Tamika Catchings registered the 14th double-double of her postseason career. Jessica Davenport added eight rebounds off the bench, her most ever in a playoff game.
- The Fever’s 41 rebounds tonight are the third most ever in team postseason-history.
Janel McCarville led the Liberty with 11 rebounds, her postseason career-high.
- New York’s eight points in the first period are the fewest ever scored against the Fever in the first period of a playoff game, and they matched the fewest scored against Indiana in any postseason quarter.
- Cappie Pondexter’s 22 field goal attempts tied the most ever in a playoff game by an opposing player against the Fever, a record she and Diana Taurasi tied in last season’s WNBA Finals.