I’ve been using a few other brands of sports drink electrolyte powders when I’m out training for my various cycling and running events. This year I’ve really gotten into racing in duathlons. Hammer Nutrition is one of the sponsors of the duathlons I’ve been competing in down in south Florida. After crossing the finish line at my races, I head straight for the table with drink coolers. The coolers are filled with various flavors of Hammer’s HEED sports drink. I really like the melon flavor.
Hammer Nutrition Products
I recently decided to place an order with Hammer Nutrition for a container of melon HEED, a sampler pack containing one packet of all their gel flavors, and a couple of Hammer water bottles. Hammer Nutrition’s gel flavors include: banana, raspberry, chocolate, apple-cinnamon, orange, vanilla, espresso and unflavored.
Being a new customer, I was sent a bunch of free samples along with my order.
Here’s what I was sent, along with the items I ordered:
- Almond raisin energy bar.
- Cashew coconut chocolate chip energy bar.
- Sample Hammer balm – natural relief for sore muscles. Ingredients include ginger root, clove oil, arnica flowers, cayenne pepper, extra virgin olive oil and beeswax.
- Sample seat saver – chamois and anti-chafing cream. Ingredients include calendula, yarrow, chamomile, comfrey, clove oil, lavender oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, olive oil and shea butter.
- Hammer Nutrition magnet.
- The Little Red Book – Hammer Nutrition product usage manual.
- The Endurance Athlete’s Guide to Success – 136 page book; everything you need to know about optimum caloric, electrolyte, and fluid intake for training and competition.
- July 2009 issue Endurance News; Hammer Nutrition’s newsletter.
I just placed a second order for Hammer Nutrition products including their Recoverite protein/carbohydrate recovery drink and 2 blender bottles. I’ll take the blender bottles, filled with a bit of Recoverite powder to all the training rides and races my husband and I participate in. After our workouts and races, we’ll fill the blender bottles with water and drink right away. We like to have a recovery drink immediately following an intense workout session or intense race.
Visit the Hammer Nutrition website for additional information on all their products, events in your area that they sponsor, and information on becoming a sponsored Hammer Nutrition athlete.
Lynn Smythe AKA the Bike Diva