It wasn’t until that moment that I realized how good I have had it as a sports parent. Up until now, all three of my kids sports practice facilities have been within 3 miles of each other and the furthest one is only 20 minutes from our house (but I can get from swim to gymnastics or hockey in 5 minutes). Now we are faced with two options – find a way to work into our already insane schedule hockey practices at a rink 45-60 minutes away OR my son has to find a new sport.
So my questions to you are:
- How far do YOU drive for regular sports practices?
- How far is TOO FAR in your opinion?
- Is driving long distances for one child’s sports detrimental to the whole family?
I’d really love your insight and how you make the running back and forth for sports work for your family.
- Youth Sports Roundup 2-8-09 How to be a bench warmer from Total Female…
- Sports Parenting: Keeping Your Eye on the Big Picture One of the hardest
Powered by Sidelines