The Final Steps in Getting Your Golf Event off the Ground.
This is where the committee work kicks in, and you should DELEGATE, then DELEGATE, and oh yeah, DELEGATE!
Here are some of the items that need to be addressed:
- Tee gifts (otherwise known as party favors!)
- Prizes and awards – including door prizes, trophies, etc.
- On course contests – get creative – the more the merrier!
- Format and scoring – net or gross or both?
- Vendor donations
- Hole-in-one contests – let’s play for a new car! There are several companies that provide this service. One recommendation is Tee ‘M Up Enterprises, that specializes in hole-in-one prize packages and welcome gifts. (Click here to submit an inquiry into their services). Depending on the prize, you can add excitement to your event for as little as $2 per player.
- Skins Game
- Scoring – your host club should be able to advise you on this and actually provide the staff to do the scoring for you.
- Registration – this is a great opportunity for representatives from your company to greet your customers.
Let’s Have Some FUN!
Remember above all else, to quote Cindy Lauper, a gifted golfer in her own right, ‘girls just want to have fun’!