We always hear about the importance of keeping kids hydrated during the warm summer months, but it is just as important to keep kids hydrated during winter sports and even outdoor play during cold weather.
According to youth sports parenting expert and MomsTeam.com founder and editor-in-chief, Brooke de Lench, sports drinks (not energy drinks) like Gatorade, consumed right before and at 15-minute intervals during prolonged stop-and-go team sports such as soccer, football, ice hockey, basketball, volleyball, and lacrosse actually help young athletes play better, longer. This same advice goes for indoor or outdoor activities.
When my kids are training, I usually give them water before practice and either G2 or water during practice, then after practice they usually have chocolate milk or hot chocolate for quick muscle recovery afterward.
We are kicking off the new year at Sports Girls Play with a giveaway to help you keep your kids hydrated and give you some spending money to stock up on sports necessities for the kids.
What we are giving away:
- One Gatorade Sports Hydration Pack that includes a $50 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods and a 6-pack of Gatorade 02 Perform from the G Series.
How To Enter
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what sports your kids (or you) play during the winter, what is your hydration routine for your kids sports, or what you would by with the gift card.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following:
- Come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it.
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight January 11, 2011.
- You must use your real name and email address in the comment form below – don’t put your email address in the comment itself. If you don’t we can’t contact in the event that you win.
- We will be using Random.org to select one (1) winner.
Disclosure: I was sent a Gatorade Hydration pack as well, but the opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.