This weekend is my only “big” weekend of training between IMoo and the Columbus marathon (which is only two weeks away!!). It still isn’t a god-awful weekend, either… but I guess having five weeks between races will do that.
Anyway, the schedule is as follows:
Today- easy recovery with speedwork/strideouts (1hr)
Tomorrow- 8-10K race
So, the question is: Do I do the 10K inside or outside? There aren’t any local races this weekend (trust me, I checked)- the closest race is in Marquette, about two hours away, and its a 5K.
Run it on the treadmill
- easier to keep consistent pace than running outside
- can pick a pace and stick to it without having to mentally tough it out
- can run in shorts and sports bra
- wear my ST3s
- can wear my iPod and get pumped up/high cadence
- some think its boring (I don’t mind it though)
- does it make me a wuss for not running outside?
- I won’t be able to mentally get tough and push through running by myself at a faster pace
Run it outside
- Fresh air!
- Mentally prepare for race day and if/when I have to run parts of the marathon alone
- Fall colors are out in full force
- I have a GPS to keep my head in the game…
- I could probably do it all downhill if I wanted to, making my turnover high and my time faster (is that a good thing?)
- Being able to run a 10K fast, by myself, is a challenge
- It’s really crappy weather (drizzly cold rain, high winds, 40F), so I wouldn’t necessarily be going for time and I will have to wear tights and a long sleeve
- If I don’t go for time, then how will I know if I performed the way I was supposed to?
So I need your advice! What do you think I should do, and why?Powered by Sidelines