A few Final Four links, but also some news from beyond the 2012 NCAA women’s basketball tournament.
- Mark C. Moore of Our Daily Bears genuinely feels bad that Stanford Cardinal forward Nneka Ogwumike will leave the NCAA without having won a championship and didn’t know exactly what to say about Brittney Griner’s sub-par statistical performance. In looking ahead to Notre Dame in the title game, he wonders what tactics the Fighting Irish might borrow from Stanford. Read more >>>
- 4pointshooter of SB Nation’s One Foot Down summarized Notre Dame’s Final Four victory over UConn, highlight the performance of Brittany Mallory: “Mallory seemed to be making the right play on every possession – offense and defense – and provided leadership for her team throughout the night.” Read more >>>
- Stacey Kilpatrick of Pacific Takes, SBN’s Pac-12 blog, writes about the Stanford Cardinal falling to the Baylor Lady Bears in the Final Four. While Terran Condrey’s performance was a focus, the threat of Brittney Griner was still present. Read more >>>
- The folks at Cowboys Ride For Free celebrated the Oklahoma State Cowgirls’ WNIT championship this past weekend, with the excitement for next year already building with everyone – that’s right, no seniors on that team returning. Read more >>>
- CBKWit of California Golden Blogs scored an interview with both Cal Women’s Basketball head coach Lindsay Gottlieb and freshman point guard Brittany Boyd and offers excellent insight on Boyd’s development and what she brings to the Golden Bears. Read more >>>
- DKinAu of Track ‘Em Tigers posted the information about Auburn hiring Terri Williams-Flournoy from Georgetown as their new head coach. Read more >>>