I am a simple gal living in Fincastle, VA (try finding that on a map!) with a few favorite things…
Briny sea breezes and blue water that pleases
Silver haired poodles and purring in oodles
Charging up mountains by yellow sunned plains
These are a few of my favorite things.
When the miles slow
When the heat hits
When I’m feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad
Thanks to Nike, I can enjoy them all at once!
Nike just launched the latest version of the Lunarglide+ 4. Improvements include a lighter and snugger fit so that you feel Goucher-like moving across the pavement.
However, the snazziest aspect is that you can customize your shoes! Running artists can add a fade to the upper portion of the shoe, mix midsole colors and add a reflective inner sleeve. Who doesn’t want firefly powers on a night run?
I decided to wrap my favorite things all up into my shoes so that I can be that awkward grinning runner-girl cruising down the street near you!
My creation process went something like this:
1) To fade or not to fade? Fade! This is no longer just a question for guys shaving their locks. There are eight different fade patterns to choose from. Here are a few that I considered. As you can see, there are several angles. Do I want a reflective inner layer?
2) The next steps include selecting your flyware and swoosh colors. Again, many options. And flyware, a new word for me and a cool one at that. Check out my flyware.
3) Next are the laces. Oh, the laces.
4) What color do you want your midsoles? Do you go dark to hide dirt from the trails? Or bright to make the shoes really scream? You can select colors for the upper and lower portions of the midsole. The insanity!
5) And you can personalize the tongue. I found this step to take the longest! Four letters max on each shoe and nothing nasty! The computer actually checks and either approves or denies your prose.
All of these choices and enough views and angles to feel as though you are modeling in front of a mirror. So, what does my masterpiece look like? Ta-da!
In case you don’t know, my real job is teaching undergraduate economics, including principles of micro- (mic) and macroeconomics (mac). I suppose these shoes are my version of a pocket protector. I have to nerd them up. I am super excited for these to arrive.
The next time I am feeling sad on a run, all I have to do is look down for a moment and remember my favorite things. And then I won’t feel so bad!
Go to http://bit.ly/LsRwrp and create your customized Lunarglide+ 4 today.
NIKEiD is the ultimate customization experience and allows our consumers to take their unique inspiration and express it within our Nike product, which results in a perfect intersection: personalized looks on the best performance athletic performance gear in the world.
Disclosure: The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of NikePowered by Sidelines