Listen to an interview between Erica Quam (founder of The Inner Circle for Women Who Coach) and Marten Vandervelde – author of the book, Beneath the College Jersey: An Athlete’s Guide to Healthier Nutrition, Habits, & Recovery.
In this interview, Erica talks with Marten about his book. He explains how “the college experience” is part of a bigger stereotype that needs a real culture shift for athletes to be healthier and perform better.
- Find out what he was seeing as a strength and conditioning coach that led him to write this book.
- Hear why the X’s and O’s in college athletics isn’t enough
- Hear what recommends athletes eat post workout.
- Find out why a food journal can change habits and specifically what makes Marten’s food journal unique
- Hear some specific concerns for athletes in relation to alcohol and how coaches can use a different
To access the interview, join the Inner Circle for Women Who Coach TODAY!