The beautiful weather and my crazy schedule finally aligned themselves so I was able to get out this week and golf! It was worth the wait. The weather was spectacular, the course wasn’t crowded (never is on a Wednesday) and it was great quality time with my husband, too.
We played our favorite course – because it is convenient, affordable and pretty laid back – and had a lot of fun. Here is a quick recap:
- We played the Waterfall Nine followed by Longest Nine – the photo on the right is hole #1 on Waterfall. The men’ s tee box is behind us and the women’s is on the other side of the lake.
- Interesting facts about the course – it is on an old farm so there are cows nearby, there is a cemetery in the middle of the course, there is a historic Civil War Hospital on the course, one hole looks like a baseball diamond, and it is also home to the longest hole in the US (841 yard par 6).
- My drives were pretty good considering I haven’t played since October.
- I got to try out my new G-wedge – it was pretty good. Decided I need to add a 5 wood to my set.
- I only lost 7 pretty pink golf balls (Being sarcastic! Four went in water, 2 into the woods and 1 totally unaccounted for).
- The funniest shot of the day was my awesome drive that was intercepted by a huge tree. My ball hit the tree then bounced into the historic cemetery plot.
- I decided I need new golf shoes – don’t like the ones I have anymore.