Using my 20% off Sports Basement Coupon a couple weeks ago, I stocked up on plenty of things. I found a new Gu product in the nutrition section – Gu Chomps, so I picked up a pack of Strawberry and a pack of Cranberry Apple.
I’ve been in love with Luna Moons for a while, love the pomegranate and watermelon flavors, but have not loved how much they tend to stick to my teeth, especially on a cold day. I’ve also been in love with Cliff Shot Blocks for a while, but only really like the Cola flavored one and the pack is a little large for my liking.
- The first pack I opened had easily 12 pieces. I was confused, as the pack said 2 servings, each serving = 4 pieces. But as I rode on, I kept chewing more and more pieces. It was like the never ending bag, it was awesome!
- They are small enough to bite, smaller than shot blocks (which tend to take 2 bites, or a large mouthful if you ask me)
- They are softer than Luna Moons and didn’t have that annoying stick to my teeth factor
- Each pack contains 2 servings (normally), which trumps the Luna Moons containing only 1 serving.
- The package was definitely easier to open than Luna Moons.
- They seemed to sit well with the stomach and provided quality energy for 2 different rides I’ve been on and 1 run.
What I didn’t like about them:
- The second pack I opened only had 8 pieces. Same for the 3rd pack. Bummer.
- The strawberry flavor reminds me of gushers, without the liquid sugar goo in the middle. If you can stand that flavor, then you’ll like these. I think I’ll stick to Cranberry Apple though. They also come in Blueberry Pomegranate and Orange, which I have yet to try.