I recently participated the #PackZespri kiwifruit event in NYC that showcased kiwifruit as part of our vibrant food culture. This year I am the official spokesperson for Zespri Kiwifruit North America. For those of you who are new to Zespri Kiwifruit, they are the company which exports the world’s premium kiwifruit grown by more the 2,400 kiwifruit growers, who collectively produce more than 86 million trays of fruit each year!
The night was full of kiwifruit inspired food and cocktails and showcased the new kiwifruit variety, the SunGold.
Throughout the evening I inspired guests with my favorite ways to pack a punch of nutrition with kiwifruit as part of a healthy diet. Kiwifruits are loaded with nutritional benefits and the versatility of this fruit is endless.
Tip: Pack a food bag for a busy work week.
Pack a Punch With Kiwifruit
- Kiwifruits have more vitamin C than an orange, which helps with immunity and maintaining collagen for healthy looking skin.
- They have just as much potassium as a banana, helping muscle contraction and maintaining healthy blood pressure.
- Zespri kiwifruit helps promote digestion. Kiwifruit contains a digestive enzyme, known as actinidin that aids in the digestion and absorption of protein.
Just cut, scoop and enjoy–even on an Amtrak!
Add Kiwifruit Anytime For a Boost of Flavor and Nutrition
- Add kiwifruit as your “pop” of color and fruit serving to your lunch.
- Just cut, scoop and enjoy. It’s a great choice on its own for a snack.
- Cool off with a homemade kiwifruit popsicles. Puree kiwifruit with lemonade, and freeze in small cups for a popsicle treat. Or, freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker for a simple sorbet.
Kiwifruit puree for cocktails and mocktails
What are your favorite ways to pack a punch with kiwifruit? I’d love to hear your ideas! Please share your ideas and comments below. For more delicious recipes and information about the health benefits of kiwifruit visit Zespri Kiwifruit. You can also follow Team Zespri on Twitter @ZESPRIKiwifruit and don’t forget to visit their Facebook page .