This playlist has a very different mood than the one I made for the Atlanta fight (which I need to post, I know). That one was all revved up and rocking, where for the last-minute exhibition fight with Bonnie I wanted to be calm and unruffled. So I gathered up some of my smoothest grooves and old favorites – the songs that always make me feel good and promise me everything will be okay.
It looks like a pretty bizarre mix, maybe, but every song on there is better than macaroni and cheese with extra cheese. Sheer comfort food for the heart.
I call this playlist The Unexpected Bell.
- Ace in the Hole / Paul Simon
- The Ballad of Curtis Loew / Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Birdland / The Manhattan Transfer
- Don’t Stop Me Now / Queen
- Dream On / Aerosmith
- Feel Like Making Love / Bad Company
- First Day of My Life / Bright Eyes
- Float On / Modest Mouse
- Four Brothers / Manhattan Transfer
- Girl / Destiny’s Child
- Girlshapedlovedrug / Gomez
- How the Heart Approaches What it Yearns / Paul Simon
- I Can’t Get No Satisfaction / The Rolling Stones
- I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight / Bob Dylan
- I’mma Shine / YoungBloodZ
- It’s Your Thing