We’re nearly a third of the way through the season and it looks like the bottom team in the league (whoever it is) will end up with more wins than the Mystics had last year (5). Also, the Minnesota/L.A. rivalry just keeps getting more and more interesting.
- Stephen J. Nesbitt of The Indianapolis Star writes about how Tamika Catchings showed that she is still Tamika Catchings and helped the Fever snap a seven-game losing streak Friday night. Read more >>>
- Jonathan Landrum Jr. of The Associated Press recaps the Dream’s 86-75 victory over the Mystics Friday night. Atlanta is now 6-0 at home and Washington has lost five straight. Read more >>>
- Nate assessed the WNBA rookies on Thursday. He ranked the Dream’s second round selection Alex Bentley at No. 4, behind only the “3 to See.” Bentley, a Penn State Nittany Lion, scored a career high 17 points against the Mystics and has made 10 consecutive 3-pointers. Atlanta was the only team without a first round pick, but Bentley is paying of as a No. 13 overall selection. Read more >>>
- Aman Ali of WNBA.com updates the “Race to the MVP.” Angel McCoughtry is now the leader. She had a late scoring burst against the Mystics to finish with 21. Otherwise Bentley may have been her team’s leading scorer for the first time in her career. McCoughtry won her first scoring title last year, but has also stood out as a distributor and defender early in 2013. Read more >>>
- Christian Mordi of SLAM Online also gives his top ten MVP candidates. Read more >>>
- Bruce Brothers of The St. Paul Pioneer Press says “a score with Sparks is settled” after the Lynx repaid a 28-point loss in Los Angeles with a 24-point blowout over L.A. in Minnesota Friday night. Read more >>>
- Steve Hunter of The Associated Press recaps the Liberty’s first road win of the season. Read more >>>