I can’t believe it is July already! Just think, this time next year we will be in the midst of Olympic Trials and counting down the days to the London Olympic Games.
Looking for some good youth sports related reads for the weekend? Don’t miss:
- Get a glimpse into the goings on at a major youth track meet as Track Mom keeps us up to date with her daughter’s track journey at Youth Outdoor Nationals.
- StatsDad offers some insight into helping your athlete deal with not making the team and shares an extreme Mom’s way of dealing with it the wrong way.
- Want to know what to pack for your next sporting event? Trophy Mom has thought of everything – including the toilet paper!
- If you are going to be near the Mall of America, Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson will be there signing autographs on Sunday, July 10.
- Know an exceptional athlete between the ages of 7 and 15? One that excels in sports, school and life? Nominate them for the Sports Illustrated Kids SportsKid of the Year!
- Gymnasts do pretty crazy things and sometimes the mistakes they make are just funny! Send in your team’s gymnastics bloopers to Gymnastike by July 31.
- Barbara Hopewell, mother of Olympic gold-medal swimmer Summer Sanders, shares her perspective on how to motivate your child’s athletic passion at home.
I have also found some good sports related deals this week:
- Danskin is having its Biggest sale Yet – 65% off over 150 Styles
- ChicksPlaySports is having a Summer Sale, use promo code CPSSUMMER to take an additional 25% off your purchase!
- Shop Reebok’s Summer Blowout Sale with all Shorts and Tees Only $9.99 using code BLOWOUT! Hurry, valid 7/8-7/14
- New Markdowns Up to 60% Off at SpeedoUSA.com!
Have a great weekend!Powered by Sidelines