Hmmm…. I can bet one thing that will be on plenty of little gymnasts’ Christmas and Birthday gift lists over the next few months! The Shawn Johnson Gymnastics video game for the Wii is due out November 2, 2010 and even I can’t wait to give the game a try.
Highlights of the game include:
- Learning the best techniques of gymnastics with the guidance of Shawn Johnson
- Work your way from amateur to champion in “Leaping Hill Academy”
- Use Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Balance Board in events – from the looks of the video, this is going to require some serious coordination
- Train in all gymnastic competitions: uneven bars, balance beam, floor, and vault
- Compete in career mode or take on friends in multiplayer
Below, Shawn Johnson does an interview on why she decided to make the Gymnastics video game:
I will definitely update this post once I get a chance to play the game with my kids – something tells me it might be a focus of some Saturday afternoon video game challenges! You can order Shawn Johnson Gymnastics through Amazon, now.