So who will win the National Championship and which is the toughest region?
First, let’s take a look at the overall top 16 coaches in the Tournament in order:
1. Geno Auriemma, Connecticut Huskies – 7 National Championships say it all.
2. Kim Mulkey, Baylor Lady Bears – She should get a 3rd this year.
3. Muffet McGraw, Notre Dame Fighting Irish – Has won a National Championship and is going for a third straight Final Four this season.
4. Tara VanDerveer, Stanford Cardinal – Has 2 National Championships and is a great tactician.
5. Gary Blair, Texas A&M;Aggies – He has won it all.
6. Brenda Frese, Maryland Terrapins – Turned around Maryland and won a National Championship.
7. Brian Giorgis, Marist Red Foxes – Has a .775 winning percentage.
8. Kim Barnes Arico, Michigan Wolverines – Turned around St. John’s and is now turning around Michigan.
9. Kevin Borseth, Green Bay Phoenix – Has done it again in his second tour of duty at Green Bay.
11. Lindsay Gottlieb, California Golden Bears – Has them challenging Stanford in her second season.
12. Kelly Graves, Gonzaga Bulldogs – Might get them to the Sweet Sixteen again.
13. Doug Bruno, DePaul Blue Demons – Good enough that Geno made him an Olympic assistant.
14. Nikki Caldwell, LSU Lady Tigers – Turned around UCLA and now LSU.
15. Courtney Banghart, Princeton Tigers – Won 33 straight Ivy games.
16. Mike Carey, West Virginia Mountaineers – Over 500 wins.