Buch Courtesy Ground and Pound Germany
There is a new featherweight to look out for.
Alexandra Buch won a one-night tournament Friday at No Compromises MMA in Hamberg, Germany. Buch (now 8-2) defeated two fighters in one night to take the crown.
What was expected to be a four woman tournament ended up being between three with Janis Smitz backing out at the last minute. The tournament opened with Anne Merkt getting the decision win over Jessy Schwarz. After some deliberations, it was decided that Schwarz would take on Buch and the winner would face Merkt in the finals. Buch was able to decision Schwarz to get into the finals.
Buch was able to get the inverted heel hook on Merkt in round one with seconds to spare to win the No Compromises MMA 145 title.
Ham Courtesy EFight.jp
After years of trying to get her first MMA title, Seo Hee Ham was able to grab the brass rind this weekend and become JEWELS’s 106 pound champion. With the win, Ham has made a huge mark in the atomweight division, and is looking to be ranked pretty solidly when the June rankings come out.
Ham will also be the last JEWELS 106 pound queen as JEWELS will be retiring the title in order to make way for the new DEEP JEWELS atomweight belt, to be crowned in a tournament sometime next year.
Yamaguchi Courtesy EFight Japan
Also in action on the card, #8 unified ranked strawweight Mei Yamaguchi got her fifth submission victory of her career, making Korea’s Seo Ye Jung tap via armbar in the first round.
Mika Nagano defeated Takumi Umehara by first round rear naked choke, and Yurika Nakakura defeated Jade Marie Anderson by decision.
After a three year absence from the sport, Ana “India” Maria was successful getting the decision win over Aline Serio at Team Nogueira MMA Circuit 3 in Brazil. She will return to action July 7th taking on Jessica Andrade in Rio de Janeiro.
Disorderly Conduct MMA held three female bouts this past Friday. In a pro bout, Jessica Halverson defeated Kate Bloomfield by TKO in round 1. She improves her record to 3-2.
Two amateur bouts on the card saw decsion wins by Brenda Rodriguez (over Tera Carper) and Michelle Pearce (over Rebecca Wells).
Steelfist Fights amateur champion Jules Winter is taking home a second title after getting the second round TKO victory over Jessica Martinez at Tuff-n-uff in Las Vegas. Winter (now 5-0) is their new bantamweight champion.
In other pro bouts this week:
- Jocelyn Lybarger def. Jessica Kennett by submission (standing gullotine choke) in 24 seconds at King of the Cage in Scottsdale, AZ. Lybarger is now 2-0 as a pro.
- At BRACE MMA in Brisbane, Australia, Arlene Blencowe defeated Kerry Barrett by unanimous decision.
- In Mumbai, India Irene Cabello defeated Ritika Singh by submission (armbar) at 2:06 round 1 at the Super Fight League.
- At Sobral Extrem Fighter 6 in Ceará, Brazil, Viviane Sucuri def. Rosy Duarte by split decision.
In other amateur bouts:
- At AFL 41 in Atlantic City, NJ, Bryanna Fissori defeated Clarissa Padua by unanimous decision.
- Lynnell House defeated Victoria Chadwick by TKO round 2 at Hard Knock Fights in Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada
- In Indianapolis, IN at Art of War FC, Jessica Ehrnreiter def. Destinee Graves via Submission (Americana) 1:25 round 2
- At Amateur Cage Battles in Liverpool, England, Becky Ainscough defeated Jem Jacques by unanimous decision.
In boxing, Ronica Jeffrey goes 13-0 and wins the IWBF featherweight title with a unanimous decision win over Olivia Gerula in White Plains, NY. Jeffy is the current WIBA interim and WBC Silver champion.
Nikki Adler defeated Zane Brige for a second time in her pro career, getting the unanimous decision win to take the vacant WBF super middleweight title. Adler is undefeated at 10-0.
Natalia Smirnova defeated Hana Horakova by unanimous decision in an undercard bout.
In Buenos Aires, Argentina, two draw occurred, with the vacant WBO bantamweight title still up for grabs. Carolina Raquel Duer and Sabrina Maribel Perez fought to a split draw for the belt. No word on if they will rematch.
On the undercard, Jesica Romina Izequilla Cabrera & Yessika Flavia Munoz fight to a draw via points.
Munoz Courtesy NotiFight.com
In other boxing action:
- Zulina Munoz defeated Soledad Macedo by TKO round four to retain the WBC super flyweight title in Leon, Mexico.
- In Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, Brenda Flores defeated Sandra Robles and Maureen Shea defeated Alma De La Cruz – both by unanimous decision.
- In unanimous decision wins, Chantel Cordova defeated Sharon Gaines and Liza Amaya defeated Avery Vilche in Colorado.
- Neisy Torres defeats Omaira Suarez by KO in round 1 in Barranquilla, Colombia.
- In Pyrénées-Orientales, France, Angelique Duchemin defeats Cynthia Godbillon by points.
- Leonela Paola Yudica Andino fights Soledad del Valle Frias to a draw in San Luis, Argentina.
- Chincha, Peru saw Linda Laura Lecca defeat Gleydis Jimenez by TKO round 2.
- In Switzerland, Ornella Domini defeated Sanja Ostojic by unanimous decision.
- In a pair of bouts in Šturovo, Slovakia, Gina Chamie defeats Dalia Vasarhelyi by unanimous decision, and Rita Kenessey defeats Gabriella Bohoni by TKO round 2.