Liz Carmouche returned to the win column Saturday at UFC on Fox 8 as she got the second round TKO win over Brazilian Jessica Andrade.
Carmouche (now 9-3) was able to take down Andrade early on (one was a huge slamming one), but Andrade would get in a guillotine attempt before the bell.
The second round was all Carmouche with a few more takedowns and getting the mount. After Andrade turned several times, which gave Carmouche her back, Carmouche regained mount and unleashed ground and pound. The ref finally stepped in at 3:57.
You can watch highlights here courtesty of MMAFighting.com.
On the preliminary card, Germaine de Randamie won her second match in a row as she was able to get the split decision over veteran fighter Julie Kedzie. Randamie used clinch work throughout the match using her knees and controlling position. Kedzie started getting some takedowns in the later rounds, and got some good striking in round 3.
The judges disagreed on the rounds, with Randamie taking the split decision 30-27, 28-29, 29-28.
Amber Brown (3-1) rebounded from her first pro loss as she submits Kikuyo Ishikawa by armbar at 3:27 in round 3. Ishikawa was able to use her striking, to damage Brown’s eye, but Brown would use her knees to return the favor to Ishikawa’s.
The third round saw Brown work an armbar off her back and get the tap. This was the first time Ishikawa was finished in a fight.
At Sugar Creek Showdown at Hinton, Oklahoma, Jinh Yu goes 2-0 with a headkick KO of Darla Harris in round 1. Yu has yet to see the second round in her pro career.
In amateur action on the card, Nicole Duffy defeated Madison Dodd by unanimous decision.
In other pro action:
- Rocktagon in El Paso, Texas saw a pair of bouts. Alida Gray defeated Jessica Kennett by TKO round 2, and Jazmine Quezada fought Stacey Sigala to an unanimous decision.
- X-Fight MMA in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Livia Renata Souza got the heel hook submission over Aline Sattelmayer at 0:24 of round 1.
- Roya Darvishian took home the Fight Lab strawweight title after taking Hannah Cifers to a unanimous decision win
- At Shock n’ Awe in Portsmouth, England, Kirsty Davis defeated Jess Offermans by unanimous decision
Tiffany Van Soest becomes the first ever Lion Fight’s women’s champion with her first round TKO over Lucy Payne. Van Soest was giving away a length advantage, but it didn’t stop her from getting inside and landing stiff combos inside to get the win/
Jolene Blackshear earend her first championship as she defeated Sindy Amador by split decision to win the interim WIBA light flyweight title in Ontario, CA. Blackshear wins her third straight and improves to 8-3. (See pic left.)
In North Bergen, NJ, Nydia Feliciano defeated Crystal Hoy by unanimous decision to win the vacant IWBF bantamweight title. This is Feliciano second straight win.
Natalia Smirnova was able to get the third round TKO over Veronika Hornyak by in Kaspiysk, Russia. Smirnova wins the vacant WIBA/GBU lightweight title & the WBC International Silver lightweight title. Smirnova is undefat at 6-0.
Ina a pair of bouts in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Carolina Raquel Duer gains the vacant WBO bantamweight title with her unanimous decsion win over Mayra Alejandra and Carolina Rodriguez defeated Florencia Roxana Canteros by unanimous decision.
In other boxing bouts:
- Jessebelle Pagaduan def. Carleans Rivas by TKO round 3 to win the vacant Philippines GAB minimumweight title in Manila, Philippines
- At Pandamonium 9.5 in Pamona, CA, Heather Clark and Maia Kahaunaele-Stevenson fight to a split draw
- Lindsay Garbatt and Jakie Trivilino fight to a split draw in Saratoga Springs, NY
- In Lincoln, RI, Vanessa Greco def. Marcia Agripino by unanimous decision
- Jessica Chavez defeats Tenkai Tsunami by unanimous decision in Chihuahua, Mexico
- In Giulia, Italy Nicola Pietro Ciriani def. Marijan Markovic by TKO round 3