Kailin Curran picks up her second win as a pro as she defeated Emi Tomimatsu by unanimous decision.
The bout was back and forth between the two, with Curran taking the edge on the ground. Tomimatsu was game on the feet, with both fighters exchnaging punching combos. In the end, all three judges saw it Curran, who goes 2-0 as a pro.
Three matches were held in Brazil over the weekend:
- At Predator FC 24 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Livia Renata Souza (3-0) gets her straight submission win with an armbar over def. Andressa Rocha at round 2
- Also in Sao Paulo at Coyotes Fight Night 1 line Sattelmayer evens her record and snaps a two fight win streak with a win over Mylla Souza by TKO in round 2. The fight was stopped by the doctor due to a cut on Souza’s eye.
- Kinberly Novaes get back in the win column by defeating Jessica Suelen by TKO at 5:00 of round 2 at NCF 15 in Santa Catalina, Brazil. Suelen refused to come come out for round 3.
Absolute Action MMA held a quartet of female fights at their card in Williamstown, Kentucky.
- Allison Ainley defeated Septien Johnson by unanimous decision to go 2-0 and snap Johnson’s three fight win streak.
- Mary Kate Hayes defeated MMA debuter Amanda Benjamin by split decision to win her third straight
- Anna McCown defeated Brianna Lynch by TKO in round 1 in both fight’s debut to MMA
- Alyssa Vasquez defeated Sarah Cook by split decision to improve to 5-3
Two fights happened at Driller Promotions in St. Paul, MN:
- Raquel Magdaleno defeated Rachelle Bacon by submission (rear naked choke) 1:05 round 1 to win the strawweight title
- Diorelle Ramos defeated Berta Gray by unanimous decision
Monica Silvina Acosta successfully retained her WBA light welterweight title by defeating Belinda Laracuente by TKO in round 7 in La Pampa, Argentina. This makes Acosta’s 16th win, her 6th WBA title defense, and she remains undefeated at 19-0-2.
On the undercard, Florencia Roxana Canteros defeated Luna del Mar Torroba by points
In Panama City, Panama, WBA featherweight champion Ogleidis Suarez retained her title by getting the unanimous decision win over Liliana Palmera. This is Suarez’s seventh straight win.
Osaka, Japan saw four female bouts over the weekend:
- Aiko Yamagishi def. Yukina Yasuda by majority decision
- Mikiko Muto def. Shione Ogata by split decision
- Kumiko Seeser Ikehara and Mika Iwakawa fight to a technical draw
- Maho Tamamori def. Asako Tonarii by majority decision
In other boxing action:
- In Tokyo, Japan, Ayana Miyasaka defeated Ozora Hikaru by TKO round 1
- Renata Domsodi def. Eva Pakozdi by unanimous decisionin Šturovo, Slovakia
- In Santa Fe, Argentina, Marisa Johanna Portillo def. Marta Soledad Juncos by TKO round 2