Bucci Courtesy Fabio Corelli
Italy’s Annalisa Bucci has made an argument to be the next star at 145 with her win over Maria Hougaard Djursaa at EUMMA in Copenhagen, Denmark this past weekend.
Bucci (7-3) recovers from her loss to Pannie Kianzad just a few weeks ago to get the unanimous decision victory over Djursaa and wins the EU 145 title . Bucci had been on a five fight win streak since her loss to Kianzad. Currently ranked #10 in the Unified rankings, Bucci should move up come the June list.
Having gone 4-1 as an amateur, Danielle Taylor earned her second win as a pro getting the TKO victory over Jillian Lybarger at King of the Cage in Scottsdale, AZ.
Taylor had tried out for “The Ultimate Fighter 20″ and the win puts a spotlight as a rising star in the strawweight division.
On other pro MMA bouts (all in Brazil):
- At Top 3 Fight, Jessica Suelem defeated Kessiny Mara by unanimous decision
- Carina Damm submitted Giseli Casca Grosa by rear naked choke round 1 Ironman Championship Fight 18
- At America’s FC 1, Mariana dos Santos submitted Bruna Gabriel by guillotine 1:09 round 1
- Liana Pirosin got the TKO over Geisyele Nascimento in round 2 at Striker’s House – Brazil
- In a pair of bouts at Aspera FC 7, Karine Silva defeated Patricia Marques by TKO 1:33 round 1 and Janaisa Morandin submitted Ana Luiza de Jesus by rear naked choke 0:59 round 1
In amateur action:
- At KCFA in Kansas City, MO, Gabrielle Grimes submitted Stephanie Hull by rear naked choke round 2
- Jaime Chesney defeated Katelyn Dykas by unanimous decision at Pinnacle FC in Pittsburgh, PA
- At Caged Combat in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida Cheyanne Vlismas submitted Brianna Smith by armbar 2:27 round 1
Nava Courtesy Boxeo-Boxing.com
Jackie Nava came back after a two year absence from the ring and didn’t lose a step.
Nava (29-4-3) returned in spectacular fashion getting the knockout over Alys Sanchez in round 7 to win the interim WBA super bantamweight title in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. She was the champion before vacating the belt due to the long layoff.
Nava wins her 5th straight fight.
Krasnodar, Russia saw two title bouts and a new champion crowned.
Natalia Smirnova remains undefeated and gains another two titles as she defeated Yarkor Chavez Annan by TKO in round 1. Smirnova becomes the WIBA and UBO super featherweight.
WIBA and WBC super middleweight champion Nikki Adler successfully defended her title by outlasting Gifty Amanua Ankrah, who called “no mas” in round 8. Adler improves to 12-0.
EBU flyweight champion Simona Galassi was able to retain her title by getting a technical decision over Galina Koleva Ivanova in Emilia Romagna, Italy. Galassi imprvoes to 20-3-1.
In other boxing action:
- In Entre Rios, Argentina Karen Elizabeth Carabajal def. Johana Estefania Sanchez by unanimous decision
- Klaudia Vigh defeated Rita Kenessey by points in Budapest, Hungary
- In Montebello, California, Keela Byars defeated Bridgette Davis by unanimous decision