Courtesy Yahoo Sports
Jessica Eye looked impressive in her win against a very game Leslie Smith at UFC 180 in Mexico City, Mexico, which aired live on Fox Sports 1.
Eye’s striking proved to be the factor in the fight, as Eye damaged Smith’s ear. After the first round, the doctor looked at the ear and let it go on. In round two after a heated striking exchange, the referee paused the fight and the doctor declared the damage to the ear was too much to continue, much to the dismay of Smith. Officially, Eye defeated Smith by TKO at 1:30 of round 2.
Eye improves to 11-2-1.
The top strawweight on the planet has defended her title and position in the rankings.
Jessica Aguilar took Kalindra Faria to a unanimous decision win at WSOF 15 in Tampa, FL which aired on NBC Sports Net.
Faria hung in the pocket with the champ, but was out classed by Aguilar’s precision striking. The final round saw Faria push for the win, but it was too little too late.
Aguilar hands Faria her first loss in 11 fights and improves to 19-4.
Courtesy Dolly Clew/Cage Warriors
Cage Warriors has crowned its first bantamweight champion.
Undefeated Pannie Kianzad (7-0) defeated last minute replacement Eeva Siiskonen by unanimous decision to win the initial 135 title in London, England. Siiskonen, who took the fight on 10 days notice, was able to get a tight armbar attempt in the opening stanza, but the striking was the key throughout the rest of the match to give Kianzad the win.
It is expected Kianzad first title defense will be against the fighter Siiskonen replaced, Agnieszka Niedzwiedz, next year.
In a preliminary bout, Anna Elmose defeated Emma Delaney by TKO 0:19 round 1.
Jandiroba vs. Lima Courtesy MMA Super Heroes
MMA Super Heroes returned to action as they crowned a strawweight tournament champion.
Virna Jandiroba submitted Camila Lima by rear naked choke in round 2 in what was the tournament final.
Marília Santos came in over weight for the tournament and and faced Aline Sattelmayer. If Sattelmayer would have won, she would have advanced. However, Santos won by unanimous decision but would not advance due to the weight discrepancy.
In a non-tourmanet match, Daiane Firmino defeated Ariane Lipski by TKO round 1.
In other pro bouts:
- At PXC in Manila, Philippines, Cortney Casey submitted Gina Iniong by rear naked choke round 1
- In a pair of pro bouts at Sugar Creek Showdown in Hinton, OK, Delaney Owens submitted Amber Stautzenberger by rear naked choke 4:05 round 4 to win their 115 title and Anita Rodriguez defeated Jade DeHaas by TKO (doctor’s stoppage broken nose) 5:00 round 4 to win their 135 title. In amateur action, Emily Ducote defeated Wendy Simmons by TKO 1:05 round 1
- At LegacyFC in Houston, TX, Stephanie Alba submitted Maria Lopez by rear naked choke round 1
- Mariana Moraes submitted Stephanie Bragayrac by head and arm choke round 1 at Explosion MMA in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
In amateur action:
- At ICF in Great Falls, MT, Hannah Kampf defeated DJ Morrision by unanimous decision. You can watch the match here.
- In a pair of bouts at Steefist in Salt Lake City, Utah, Brenda Enriquez submitted Mallory Rogers by rear naked choke round 1 and Chelsya Howard defeated Alysa Westergard by TKO round 1
- Jessica Fresh submitted Cynthia Bottelberghe by armbar 0:46 round 3 at A-Town Throwdown in Austin, MN
- At West Coast FC in Sacramento, California, Ashley Medina defeated Melissa Wang by unanimous decision
- Samantha Gilliland defeated Kathryn Yost by TKO 0:42 round two at Spartan Combat League in Loveland, Colorado
- At Gladiator CF in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil, Morgana Silva and Vitoria Ferreira fought to a draw (125)
Tori Nelson gained another world welterweight title as she defeated Victoria Cisneros by unanimous decision to win the vacant UBF belt in Fairfax, Virginia. Nelson also successfully defended her WIBA welterweight title
Nelson (13-0-3) has yet to taste defeat.
In Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico, Erica Anabella Farias defeated Alejandra Marina Oliveras by split decision to gain the WBC World light welterweight title.
Farisa (21-1) is the former WBC lightweight champion and snaps Oliveras’s 12 fight win streak.
A new IBF World super bantamweight champion was crowned in Cordoba, Argentina as Yulihan Luna Avila defeated Carolina Marcela Gutierrez by unanimous decision for the vacant title.
Avila (12-2) wins her first world championship.
In other pro boxing action:
- In Kotka, Finland, Eva Wahlstrom defeated Fatuma Zarika by unanimous decision
- Hye Soo Park defeated Dorkmaipah Kiatpompetch by unanimous decision in Daegu, South Korea
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Anahi Esther Sanchez defeated Betina Gabriela Garino by unanimous decision
- Debora Rengifo defeated Luzmeri Zacarias by TKO in Turmero, Venezuela
- In Pathum Thani, Thailand, Kanittha Kokietgym defeated Saobangrajan Kkp by unanimous decision
Filed under: ammy wmma, Boxing, Brazil wmma, cage warriors wmma, female boxing, female mma, Intense Championship Fighting, MMA, MMA Super Heroes wmma, UFC women, wboxing, wmma, women’s boxing, womens mma, wsof women divisionPowered by Sidelines