Gadleha (White) Remains Undefeated
Strawweight Brazilian Claudia Gadelha took her record to 9-0 this past weekend getting the unanimous decision win over Herica Tiburcio at Max Fights in Brazil. Gadelha will face #7 ranked Joanne Calderwood at InvictaFC 6 July 13 in Kansas City, MO. The winner will be the next in line for the promotion’s strawweight title.
Also in Brazil, Kalindra Faria (9-3) got her first submission victory of her career, as she armbared Dayse Nascimento to a second round win at Detonic Fights 2. Faria is set to return June 1 at ECB MMA in Brazil.
Amy Cadwell got her first pro win in a hard fought battle with Cheryl Chan at Cage Warriors Combat in Kingston, WA. She would take the split decision victory.
In a pair of pro bouts in Australia, Shauna Carew (2-1) defeat Nusreen Ispahany by unanimous decision at Eternal MMA, and Lana Kate defeated Amy Adam by TKO round 3 at AFC 5.
Daizy Singh gets her second submission win at Super Fight League in India. She defeated pro debuter Ola Ahemn via a modified guillotine choke in round 2.
In semi-pro action in Great Britain, Kerry Hughes defeated Grace Anderson by TKO round 3 to win the BCMMA 135 title. Hughes has donated her winnings to Saint Francis Hospice.
In other action on the card, Kerry Maserati defeated Liana Tunmer Bogdanov by unanimous decision.
In this week’s amateur MMA bouts:
- In two bouts at Conflict MMA in Savannah, GA, Alexa Conners defeated Nicola Fairclough by unanimous decision and Nicole Ertzberger defeated Jennifer Darr by Split Decision.
- At Kickdown MMA in Denver, CO, Rosa Acevedo defeated Katie Moerke by submission (guillotine) 1:49 round 1 to win the promotion’s 105 title. In other action on the card, Alyssa Garcia defeated Sheila Rodine by TKO 0:24 round 1.
Holly Holm ended her boxing career with a dominant unanimous decision victory over Mary McGee in Albuquerque, NM. Holm won all 10 rounds according to all three judges to retain her IBA and WBF light welterweight titles. Holm will dedicate her training to MMA full time and is looking forward to working her way up the bantamweight division.
Ava Knight successfully defended her IBF flyweight title over Linda Soto in with a unanimous decision win in Toluca, México. It marks Knight’s sixth straight win and improves her record to 12-1-3.
In an undercard bout, Brenda Olvera and Rocio Castillo fight to a draw.
In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Marcela Eliana Acuna defeated Edith Soledad Matthysse by unanimous decision to win the vacant IBF Inter-Continental super bantamweight title.
In other boxing action:
- In Hongsung, South Korea, Yoon-Joo Shin def. Napaporn Superchamps by unaimous decsion to win the vacant WIBA super flyweight title
- In a pair of bouts in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, Jemyma Betrian def. Anika Kurzer by TKO round 2, and Caroline Schroeder def. Franziska Faller by TKO round 1
- Francia Elena Bravo def. Yolis Marrugo Franco by unanimous decision in Cerete, Colombia
- Amanda Cooper def. Mara Marquez by TKO round 3 in Detroit, Michigan
- Santiago del Estero, Argentina saw Valeria Gramajo def. Noelia Gutierrez by unanimous decision
- In Monteria, Colombia, Yarley Cuadrado def. Consuelo Paternina by TKO round 3
- Cindy Serrano def. Grecia Nova by KO round 1 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic