Princesses of Pain held another action packed all female card in Aukland, New Zealand Saturday, which saw Kate da Silva gaining the pro bantamweight round robin tournament crown and Tairi Ford gaining the amateur flyweight tournament crown.
Silva (7-1) was able to submit Desiree Ann Maaka by armbar at 4:25 in round 1 and defeat Charlene Watt by unanimous decision to win the round robin pro bantamweight title. In the other fight in the tournament, Watt defeated Desiree Ann Maaka by TKO at 4:29 of round 2.
The amateur flyweight tournament saw ammy bantamweight tournament finalist Tairi Ford take home the title. Ford (5-2 amateur) defeated Hera Tamati by unanimous decision in the semi-finals. In the other semi-final, Serina Cole defeated Ursula Nicole Marshall-Steele by unanimous decision. In the finals, Ford defeated Cole by TKO at 0:42 of round 1 to win the tournament crown.
In other amateur bouts on the card:
– Missy Layton def. Tracey Burns by split decision
– Sabrina Compton def. Gabrielle Marsters by submission (armbar) 0:46 round 1
– Barbra Verlinden def. Bente Hollen by submission (rear naked choke) 1:57 round 2
– Elizabeth Warner def. Krissy Hunter by majority decision
In other pro bouts this weekend:
- At Superior Challenge in Helsingborg, Sweden, Pannie Kianzad defeated Annalisa Bucci by unanimous decision
- Cassie Crisano submitted Glauciele Silva by inverted armbar round 1 at Olimpia Fight – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- In a pair of bouts in Santa Catarina, Brazil at Aspera FC 6, Karine Silva KOed Cintia Nunes in round 1, and Roberta Paim defeated Thais Machado by TKO round 1
- Betina Baino defeated Claudia Vasconcellos by unanimous decision at Samurai Combate 5 in Rio de Grabde Sul, Brazil
- At Cage Sports in Tacoma, WA, Katie Howard submitted Reagen Benedetti by rear naked choke at 4:14 in round 2
In other amateur bouts this weekend:
- At Eternal MMA at the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia, Janay Harding defeated Helen Malone by TKO round 1
- Michelle Jones defeated Cheryl Flynn by unanimous decision at AON in Leeds, England
- At Fightquest 28 in Kahnawake, Quebec, Canada, Johannie Gervais defeated Camelia Blanchette by split decision (115)
- Bi Nguyen defeated Devaney Clayton by unanimous decision at IXFA in Vinton, Louisiana
- At Spar Star in Inglewood, California, Alyssa Garcia defeated Jessica Nasrallah by submission 0:27 round 1
- In three bouts at Ultimate Reno Combat in Reno, NV, Ashley Medina submitted Lacy Pigott by armbar 2:51 round one, Amber Leibrock defeated Stacy Vandiest by verbal submission (rear naked choke) 2:58 round one, and Maria Carona defeated Sav Washington by split decision
A pair of title bouts happened in Brandenburg, Germany over the weekend.
Derya Saki defeated Flora Machela by TKO round 7 to win the vacant GBC lightweight title. Saki (7-0) stays undefeated and gains her first title.
Jennifer Retzke defeated Everline Odero by unanimous decision to win the vacant GBC light welterweight title. Retzke improves to14-1-1.
Also in boxing this weekend, Kali Reis defeated Marva Dash by disqualification in round 4 in Canton, Massachusetts