Kickboxer Justine Kish got her second submission win as she defeated San Diego’s Christine Stanley in round 2 at Resurrection Fighting in Los Angeles Friday.
Kish (2-0) and Stanley (1-1) fought after the main event, and went at it right away throwing strikes. Kish would push Stanley against the cage and use a Muay Thai clinch to land knees, then take down Stanley. After going back on the feet, Kish would continue taking the striking advantage, landing a push kick to drop Stannley. Stanley would get back up, but Kish would get another takedown. Kish would take Stanley’s back, and get in an armbar attempt before the end of round 1.
Kish would get the Muay Thai clinch again in round 2, using knees and short elbows to wear down Stanley. A takedown by Kish allowed her to take Stanley’s back and sink in a rear naked choke. Stanley would defend, and Kish transitions to an armbar, then a triangle, the back to the armbar for the tap out.
Courtesy Mike Calimbas Photography
Sabrina Garcia earned her first pro win, with a TKO over Jade De Haas at 1:09 of round 2. Being undefeated as an amateur, Gracia has established herself as one of the top bantamweights in the state of Texas.
In other pro action:
- Daizy Singh defeated Ritika Singh by unanimous decision at the Super Fight League TV taping. The match will air on Aug. 30 on their UStream channel.
- At Kaeshi Challenge 3 in Entre Rios, Argentina, Gloria Castillo defeated Luly Silva by submission (kneebar) round 1 in a battle of Argentine MMA prospects.
- Michele Angelo defeated Paula Mutante by unanimous decision at AraraFight in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Also in Sao Paulo, Thais Peruchi defeaetd Beatriz Desiro by armbar submission round 3 at BIG BANG MMArília
Destanie Patton and Annie Marie DeCrescente battled in a fight of the night performance at Brawl Inc. Battle on the Strip in Branson, MO. Patton would get the unanimnous decision victory.
In a pair of bouts at Grand Junction Fight Night, Grand Junction, CO, Megan Miller defeated Ali Kistler by TKO at 1:18 round 1, and Kecia Hedgecoke defeated Mariah Schenkelberg by submission at 1:28 round 1.
At Atlas Fights 17 in Biloxi, MS, Delaney Owen defeated Miki Rogers by unanimous decision and Steffi Obilisundar defeated Brianna Smith by verbal submission due to strikes at 2:09 round 2.
In other ammy fighters:
- At Hurst Showdown in Hurst, TX, Rachel Kovach defeated Jianna Denizard by submission (rear naked choke) round 2
- Hannah Rogers defeated Hannah Fitzpatrick by submission (armbar) round 3 at 3FC 18 in Pigeon Forge, TN
- In Festus, MO at Hahn MMA Harley Fest, Hannah McNitt def. Bobbie Bedard by verbal submission (punches) round 1
Julaton didn’t look like her usual self throughout the fight, looking sluggish and drained. Salazar would win all but one round on the scorecards. If Julaton won, she was rumored to be a part of the undercard of Floyd Mayweather versus Canelo Alvarez, but the fight is now in jeopardy.
In other female action on the card, Arely Valente defeated Yesenia Gomez by majority decision to win the WBC Youth flyweight title.
Claudia Andrea Lopez gained her third world title as she defeated Diana Ayala by TKO round 4 to win the vacant IBF female super featherweight title in Chubut, Argentina. Lopez lost the IBF featherweight title in her last outing, and went up in weight to win her second IBF title.
Unbeaten South Korean Su-Yun Hong successfully defended her WBO Minimumweight title for the second time as she defeated former WBA Atomweight champion Mari Ando by split decision.
In other boxing action:
- In Sonora, Mexico, Linda Soto defeated Kareli Lopez by unanimous decision to win the vacant WBF Intercontinental super flyweight title
- Kristin Gearhart defeated Amanda Cooper by unanimous decision in Chicago, Illinois
- In Santa Ynez, California, Maria Suarez defeated Gloria Salas by unanimous decision
- Selene Lopez defeated Dulce Galaviz by KO round 2 Sinaloa, Mexico
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Karen Elizabeth Carabajal def. Vanesa Calderon un unanimous decision
- Gretchen Abaniel defeated Fahpratan Looksaikongdin by TKO round 1 in Sawtell, Australia
- In Mexico City, Mexico, Estrella Valverde defeated Kandy Sandoval by split deicison
- Simone Da Silva Duarte def. Silvia Beatriz Lescano by TKO round 3 in Sao Paulo, Brazil