Rin Nakai won her 15th fight and stays undefeated as she was victorious over pound for pound standout Tara LaRosa at Pancrase in a hotly contested battle.
The match was even in the first stanza on the feet, with LaRosa landing punch combos and Nakai using leg kicks. Round two was more active, with LaRosa landing a right hook, staggering Nakai, who cliched in order to recover. Nakai would get a double leg takedown, aquiring the back on two occasions, trying to get the rear naked choke.
Round 3 saw Nakai dominate a ground battle, getting some ground and pound and submission attempts. It was enough to give Nakai the majority decision (30-29, 30-29, 29-29). Nakai remains undefeated and improves to 15-0-1. LaRosa loses her second straight fight and drops to 21-4.
Courtesy Ground & Pound Germany
Polish fighter Karolina Kowalkiewicz was able to get her fourth straight win and remains undefeated as she took the unanimous decision over last minute replacement Simona Soukupova in a 119 pound catchweight match.
Kowalkiewicz was solid throughout, getting the grappling edge over Soukupova, who was smaller in terms of size.
Kowalkiewicz stated she’d like to fight for Invicta on the near future.
TJ Cunanan improves to 2-1 as she got the submission win over Stacey Sigala at Rocktgon MMA in Texas.
Cunanan landed a flying knee early, which stumbled Sigala. Cunanan took down Sigala and sunk in the rear naked choke at 0:46 sedons of round 1. Sigala gets her first professional loss and drops to 1-1.
In other pro MMA results:
- At Circuito Talent de MMA 3 in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Talita Treta Nogueira got the armbar submission over Rosemary Amorim at 3:34 round 1
- Fran Vanderstukken defeated Aitek Emadi by unanimous decision at Respect FC 10 in Wuppertal, Germany
Courtesy Steelfist Fights
Charlene Donahue makes a successful MMA debut, a she defeated Buffy Ogden in a lightweight bout at Steelfist Fights in Salt Lake City, UT.
Donahue landed a solid right hook in round 1 and followed up with a takedown. She was able to get to side control and then took mount. She landed some vicious ground and pound to get the TKO at 2:15 of the opening stanza.
Ogden losses her second straight fight.
NAFC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin had a pair of female bouts.
Stephanie Alba improves her record to 3-2 as she defeated Racquel Magdelano by split decision in a match that was booked only a few days before. Alba had lost via split decision to Paulina Granados this past December.
Kali Robbins made a successful MMA debut, as she defeated Angela Jennings by armbar submission in round 1.
In other ammy MMA action:
- At Fight-to-Win in Glendale, Colorado, Heather Denny def. Alyse Honnold by submission (rear naked choke) round 2 to retain the F2W flyweight title
- Jamie Milanowski defeated Briannah Conatser by submission (strikes) in round 1 to win the bantamweight title at V3 Fights in Memphis, TN
- In Orem, UT at Showdown Fights, Kaytlin Neil submitted Krystal Larsen by standing guillotine in round 2
- At MCF 8 in North Platte, Nebraska Jori Waln got the unanimous decision win over Mercedes Timmerman
Betiana Patricia Vinas successfully defended her WBC Silver featherweight title over Edith Soledad Matthysse by split decision in Mendoza, Argentina.
Vinas wins her fourth straight and improves to 9-4-3.
In other boxing results:
- In Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia, Lauryn Eagle defeated Nicki Bigwood by points
- Karen Elizabeth Carabajal defeated Valeria Gramajo by unanimous decision in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Down the road in Entre Rios, Argentina, Johana Sanchez defeated Tamara Nunez by split decision
- Across the border in Lima, Peru, Linda Laura Lecca defeated Vanesa Medrano by TKO round 3
- Areti Mastrodouka defeated Galina Gumliiska by points in London, England
- In Santiago, Dominican Republic, Amanda Serrano def. Diana Garcia by TKO round 1