Tyra Parker (3-3) evens her record over the weekend, getting the win over Michele Gutierrez at DakotaFC in Fargo.
Parker looked dominant in the first round, utilizing several different leg submission attempts. She would end the first with the mount.
Th second round saw Parker jump to half guard, and again attempt submissions. After one failed armbar attempt, she would get a successful one on Gutierrez and force the tap at 1:29 or round 2.
Three fights happened in Brazil over the weekend:
- At Sparta MMA, Claudia Rey def. Greicy Tonet by TKO (doctor’s stoppage) round 2
- In Poços de Caldas, Brazil at Pocos Fight 2, Mariana Morais def Margarete ‘Soares’ Fabio by submssion (guillotine choke) round 1
- Juliana Aguiar def Deise Lee by unanimous decision at Arena Force
Courtesy MMA Hawaii
Destiny MMA held a solid card in Honolulu, Hawaii over the weekend, with four fights on the card.
In the only pro bout on the card, InvictaFC vet Raquel Pa’aluhi got back on the winning track, getting the first round TKO win over Priscilla White.
Three amateur bouts were also on the card:
- Monica Franco def. Tiani Valle by unanimous decision
- Rachael Ostovich def. Hannah Kampf by unaimous decision
- Chantelle Berengue def. Carrie Mayazono by unanimous decision
Courtesy Jersey Strong MMA
Jen Lopez avenged a loss to Roya Darvishian by getting an unanimous decision at EFC Warriors in Atlantic City, NJ. With the win, she gains the EFC strawweight title. Lopez improves to 5-1. (Pictured right).
Autumn Norton became the first ever Ultimate Reno Combat by handing Brieta Carpenter her first loss an an ammy. Norton would KO Carpenter in round 1 to win the title. She improves to 3-1.
In other amateur bouts:
- In a pair of bouts at WCFL 6 in Tampa, FL, Migdalia Acevedo defeated Jessica Branco by unanimous decision, and Cheyanne Vlismas defeated Sasha Brown by submission by armbar 2:11 round 1.
- At Rumble at the Roseland 73 in Portland, OR, Veronica Wickersham defeated Anna Chouinard by TKO 2:48 if round 1
- Rebecca Wells defeated Casi Jo Lee by submission (rear naked choke) in round 1 at Dynasty Sports MMA in Omaha, Neb.
- In Ponchatoula, LA at Xtreme Fighting Championships, Annaliesha Smith def. Faith Charfauros by TKO 2:40 of round 2
- At 559 Fights in Visalia, CA, Veronica Luna defeated Elisabeth Couch by TKO 1:36 of round 1
- Jessica Pryor defeated Yumi Matsumoto by unanimous decision at U of MMA in Hollywood, CA.
- In Pueblo, Colorado at Fight Brigade MMA, Heather Smith defeated Selina Valdez-Montoya by submission (armbar) 2:43 of round 2
- At RMMA 28 in New Orleans, LA, Laura Uyeda defeated Natalie Figueroa by TKO 0:44 of round 1
Courtesy Total Muay Thai
Miriam Nakamoto remains undefeated in Muay Thai as she got the unanimous decision over Aleide Lawant in Temecula, CA.
It was a war seeing both fighters getting cut. It was Nakamoto’s endurance that saw her outpoint Lawant in the end. Nakamoto retained her WBC World lighhtweight title and adds the WBC International Lightweight belt to her collection.
In another title fight on the card, Lena Ovchynikova defeated Emily Bearden to win the IKKC Super Batamweight World Title.
Svetlana Kulakova became the interim WBA light welterweight title, as she defeated Judy Waguthii by unanimous decision in Volgograd, Russia. Kulakova remains undefeated at 8-0.
In Osaka, Japan, champion Tomoko Kawanishi successfully defended her OPBF super flyweight title Tamao Ozawa by TKO round 1. Kawanishi improves to 8-1.
MMA fighter Jennifer Tate made a successful boxing debut this past weekend, getting the unanimous decision win over Laura Deanovic in Fresno, California.
In other boxing action:
- In a pair of bouts in West-Vlaanderen, Belgium, Delfine Persoon defeated Galina Gumliiska by TKO round 2, and Elfi Philipps defeated Borislava Goranova by points
- In Tijuana, Mexico, Brenda Flores def. Diana Gonzalez by unanimous decision
- Lizbeth Crespo and Maria Eugenia Quiroga fought to a draw in Chubut, Argentina
- Lombardia, Italy saw Nicola Pietro Ciriani defeat Attila Tibor Nagy by points
- In Durango, Mexico, Nora Cardoza defeated Claudia Elizalde by unanimous decision
- Nancy Franco def. Lorena Mendoza by unanimous decision in Tamaulipas, Mexico