Markos Courtesy Randi Lotsberg
Randa Markos recovered from her first loss in remarkable fashion, submitting Lynnell House by armbar at 1:57 of round 1 at Provincial FC 2 in London, Ontario, Canada.
Markos (4-1) gave House her first professional loss and gains the initial PFC strawweight title.
There was a rare draw at ROAD FC in Korea this past weekend. Takayo Hashi saw her first draw after a two year absence from the sport. Kim Ji-Yeo gets her second straight draw in her career.
Débora Ferreira got her second pro win, getting the TKO over Betina Baino at 4:21 round 2 at Collision Fight – Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
The all female amateur promotion Virago FC made their debut in Williamsberg, KY over the weekend with eight female bouts.
In the main event, Allison Ainley took home the inaugural VFC featherweight title with a 61 second TKO over Jessica Ehrnreiter.
In other bouts on the card:
- Sarah Cook def. Anna Abrams by TKO 1:47 round 1
- Dominique Berry def. Sarah Swain by split decision
- Amanda Benjamin def. Tanya Greenlee by TKO 1:58 round 1
- Septien Johnson def. Mary Kate Hayes by TKO 0:47 round 1 (135)
- Hope Halava vs. Kendra Wilson by unanimous decision
- Desiree Wilson def. Raven Farley by TKO 0:58 round 1
At Hardrock MMA in Somerset, Kentucky, another contender for KO of the Year happened as Joanna Bess was able to get a spinning back elbow KO over Kerri Jenkins at 0:17 of round 3.
In the other female bout on the card, Evva Johnson got the 34 second TKO over Taylor Brown to win the ammy 145 title.
In other amateur action:
- In a pair of bouts at Cage Kings in La Junta, CO, Cheri Muraski defeated Nayleen Schmidt by TKO round 1 and Sandra Jaqez defeated Tiffany Whatley-Mata by TKO round 3
- Andrea Lee defeated Ashley Samples by submission due to strikesat 1:12 round 1 to gain the ammy 125 title at V3 Fights in Memphis, TN
Linda Laura Lecca gained her first professional title, defeating Maria Vega by unanimous decision to win the vacant WBA Fedelatin super bantamweight title in Lima, Peru. Lecca improves to 9-2-1.
In Osaka, Japan, Nana Yoshikawa claims the first ever OPBF female light flyweight title defeating Krikanok Island by TKO round 1. Yoshikawa remains undefeated at 3-0.
In other boxing matches:
- In Sofia, Bulgaria, Desislava Lazarova defeated Violeta Angelova by unanimous decision
- Bibi Ondoua defeated Ala Moussa Edine by unanimous decision in Creutzwald, Moselle, France