Ronda Rousey got her second finish that wasn’t an armbar Saturday at she has able to get to a knockout in 16 seconds over Alexis Davis at UFC 175 in Las Vegas.
Rousey and Davis took the center of the octagon quickly with Davis only getting two punches in before a right hook followed by a knee stunned Davis and Rousey executes a judo throw that knocked Davis senseless. After some ground and pound the referee stopped the contest in 16 seconds of round 1.
This marks Rousey’s 10th win and her 4th UFC title defense. The champ stated she wanted a break to get some minor knee surgery done and heel a nasty cut on her hand.
Rousey got $120,000 for her efforts and a $60,000 win bonus. She also got a $50,000 “Performance of the Night” bonus, taking her total before sponsorship pay at $230,000.
Sunday a the TUF 19 Finale in Las Vegas, NV, TUF 18 vet Sarah Moras got her first official UFC win over Alexis Dufresne by unanimous decision. The fight was set to be at 135 pounds, but due to Dufresne not making weight, it was at a catchweight of 143.
Moras (4-1) was aggressive throughout the contest, with Dufresne getting takedowns and trying to hold top position. It was tough as Moras struck from bottom and continued to try for submissions and improving her position. In the end, all three judges saw the match for Moras.
Moras outstruck Dufresne 169-71 in total strikes in handing Dufresne her first loss.
Santos Courtesy Astra Fight Team
At UOC 1 in Panara, Brazil, bantamweight prospect Taila Santos got her third pro win in spectacular fashion with a head kick KO over Geisyele Nascimento in 30 seconds.
This marks Santos’s second first round finish.
Shannon O’Connell earns her second world title in a second weight class as she defeated Bronwyn Wylie by unanimous decision to win the vacant WIBA super bantamweight title in Victoria, Australia.
O’Connell (10-3) has come back after losing the WBC super featherweight title to win back to back and gain her she second piece of gold.
In other boxing action:
- In a pair of bouts in Guadalupe, Nuevo León, Mexico, Arely Mucino defeated Suri Tapia by unanimous decision, and Nara Mucino knocked out Denisse de la Cruz in round 1.
- Diana Mejia defeated Linda Hernandez by majority decision in Cuautlancingo, Puebla, Mexico
- In Harsleben, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany, Hasna Tukic got the TKO over Dajana Bukva in round 1
- In a trio of Sofia, Bulgaria, Galina Koleva Ivanova defeated Jasmina Nadj by unanimous decision, Borislava Goranova defeated Violeta Angelova by unanimous decision, and Theodora Hristova defeated Gloria Vasileva by majority decision
- Mayeli Flores defeated Nadia Alvarez by split decision in Polanco, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Filed under: MMAPowered by Sidelines