The WNBA will hold a press conference at 10:00 AM Pacific Time (1:00 PM Eastern Time) at Staples Center’s Star Plaza in regards to the Los Angeles Sparks.
Earlier today, Los Angeles Sparks play by play announcer Larry Burnett tweeted that there will be an announcement regarding the future of the franchise:
The WNBA will hold a news conference at 10AM (pt) Wed. morning at Staples Center’s Star Plaza. WNBA President,… http://t.co/r1dUCrgfje
— Larry Burnett (@LarryBurnett) February 5, 2014
In addition on his Facebook page, Burnett also mentioned that former NBA and Naismith Hall of Fame player Magic Johnson will be alongside league president Laurel Richie.
Johnson, along with Mark Walter are among the new purchasers of the team according to Ramona Shelburne of ESPN. It should be noted that Johnson and Walter are part of the Los Angeles Dodgers ownership group where Walter is the chairman of the team, and Johnson is a partner.
Keep in the loop regarding the Los Angeles Sparks’ offseason in our StoryStream. Looks like there should finally be a happy ending to this saga for the Sparks, and their excellent fans.
- Minnesota Lynx, Timberwolves will announce ‘collaboration’ with Mayo Clinic
- Sparks Watch Day 34: the 100 (?) days
- The 2014 Dawn Staley Award Watch List features top 2014 WNBA Draft prospects
- Seton Hall shown the importance of recruiting local talent in loss to St. John’s
- Mercury get new jersey sponsorship