A few WNBA coaches participated in a media call Tuesday afternoon and gave some updates on the status of players. Information about players on teams not participating in the call continues to trickle out of team front offices.
- Chamique Holdsclaw is a free agent who is not signed with the Silver Stars or any other team according to San Antonio head coach and general manager Dan Hughes.
- Epiphanny Prince has obligations with the Russian National Team and is day-to-day with the Sky according to Chicago head coach and general manager Pokey Chatman. If the Russian team calls, Prince will head to Europe.
- Sky forward and seven-year veteran Shameka Christon had surgery this morning on her knee and is out for at least eight weeks.
- WNBA legend Sheryl Swoopes on her health: “My body feels really good right now. Healthwise, I feel good.”
- Janel McCarville will not be with the New York Liberty this season.
Phoenix coach Corey Gaines also participated in the call.
While the call was in progress, the Sky released a statement about Christon.
“It is unfortunate that we won’t have Shameka to start the season,” said Chatman. “We will assist her in her recovery in any way we can. In the meantime, I am confident that our team will continue to prepare and work hard so we are ready on June 4.”Powered by Sidelines