Breakfast doesn’t have to be be boring. Smoothie bowls are a great way to get the refreshing taste and flavor you get from a smoothie, but with a little added texture. This smoothie bowl recipe is packed with nutrients and flavor. One kiwifruit alone has more vitamin C than an orange and as much potassium as a medium banana. So get blending and enjoy this easy breakfast in less than 10 minutes. You’re welcome, hungry people of the world.
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit (one peeled and blended; one sliced into ¼” chunks for topping)
- 1 large banana – chopped, frozen
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds (the chia helps to thicken the mixture, like a pudding texture)
- 4 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit out.
- Reserve one kiwifruit, chopped into ¼” chunks for topping.
- Add 1 kiwifruit, banana, orange juice, yogurt, and chia seeds to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth (the mixture will be thick).
- Per serving bowl, place half the mixture at the bottom of the bowl, add 2 tablespoons granola, 1 tablespoon each of toasted coconut, nuts, and mint.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
Disclosure: Zespri is a client of mine, but they did not compensate me to create this recipe or write this blog post.Powered by Sidelines