1. Because a lot of NHL fans don’t even want this expansion.
2. Because the NHL is spending 1.2 billion dollars on this expansion, but hasn’t given any support to expanding the professional women’s game.
3. Because NBC sports carries over 100 NHL games per year, and women’s hockey once every four years.
4. Because when you Google the CWHL (Canadian Women’s Hockey League), it isn’t even the first result.
5. Because the most intense hockey at the Olympics was between the Americans and the Canadians… but Sidney Crosby and Patrick Kane weren’t involved.
6. Because Julie Chu’s shot is lethal.
7. Because the most elite women’s hockey league in North America can’t even pay its players… but the average man in the NHL makes $2.4 million a year, not including endorsements or sponsorships.
8. Because Hilary Knight deserves a highlight reel.
9. Because one division in the NHL has the same number of teams as the whole CWHL.
10. Because Amanda Kessel is the best Kessel.