With the Olympics officially starting today, the entire athletic
community becomes much more fixated on what it takes to achieve
success on the biggest stage on Earth.
So to help celebrate the start of the world’s greatest athletic
spectacle, I wanted to share this list with you.
:::: 11 TRUTHS FOR SUCCESS ON & OFF THE ICE ::::
1. Focus on what you can control.
2. Live your life like most people do and you’re going to settle
for what most people get. If you want more, you have to do more.
3. ‘Trying’ isn’t enough. It’s an excuse.
Either you’re doing something or you’re not.
4. You never fail until you quit, make excuses or die.
5. If you want to achieve something, you have to write it down.
6. Plan every day. Success isn’t an accident.
7. Focus on getting 1% better each day. Small improvements add up.
8. Take responsibility. If you make a mistake – own up. No excuses.
9. Failure is part of the process. Accept it. Learn from it. Move on.
10. If you’re waiting for circumstances to be different (or perfect) –
you’re in for a long wait. Stop waiting and start doing.
11. Life isn’t fair. Get over it.
Enjoy the next few weeks of Olympic competition and use these lessons
to help you perform your best on & off the ice throughout the playoff season.
Your friend and coach,
Kim McCullough, MSc, YCS
Director, Total Female Hockey
Girls Hockey Director, PEAC School For Elite Athletes