The Collegiate Women Sports Award (CWSA) Honda Cup live show on ESPNU on Monday June 24 at 5p.m. PST. The country’s top collegiate women athletes will be in town Sunday and Monday, and will also participate in Honda Huddle, a community outreach event with the local Kids In Sports LA organization, serving over 8,000 kids in Los Angeles county. Honda Sports Awards honorees will participate in a panel discussion, led by 1977-78 Broderick Cup winner, Ann Meyers Drysdale, and benefitting the KIS G.I.R.L.S. program (Girls in recreation, leadership and sports).
The nation’s most accomplished female athletes in 12 intercollegiate sports will be in attendance, including CWSA honorees:
- Annie Park (golf), a USC freshman who graduated from high school early last winter and took the NCAA individual and team title
- Nicole Gibbs (tennis), a graduate of Santa Monica Crossroads School, a Stanford
- senior and NCAA singles champion
- Keilani Ricketts of San Jose, Calif.(softball) who led her team to the 2013 NCAA title
- Bridget Sloan (gymnastics) a 2008 U.S. Olympian and the 2009 all around world champion who competes now for the University of Florida.
More information at http://www.collegiatewomensportsawards.comPowered by Sidelines