As you may already know, the Algarve Cup is played across a very large area along the southern tip of Portugal. Considering this, when we lay out the upcoming day’s schedule each evening, we have to consider who’s playing when, where, and how long the drive is between towns. We want to catch as much as the action and see as many teams as we possibly can!
Here are our match options for tomorrow:
– 2pm local time, Portugal v Romania (Parchal)
– 3pm local time, Denmark v China (Lagos)
– 3pm local time, Norway v USA (Olhao)
– 3pm local time, Iceland v Sweden (VRS Antonio)
– 5pm local time, Germany v Finland (Parchal)
– 6pm local time, Austria v Faroe Islands (Lagos)
Given these times, games and locations, we decided that the best combination would be:
– 3pm local time (10am ET / 7am PT), Denmark v China (Lagos) – We will stay until the end if it’s a good match, but might leave a little early for 1st half Germany v Finland… we’re planning to play it by ear.
– 5pm local time (12noon ET / 9am PT), Germany v Finland (Parchal) – Will do our best to arrive on time
Our other options included:
– Going to Parchal and staying there all day, but we weren’t so keen on Portugal v Romania at 2pm.
– Going to Norway v USA and then rushing to Germany v Finland. Although the vote was close in favor of this option, in the end we decided that we’d see the USA play 2 more times (v Sweden and potentially Germany), so this offered a unique opportunity to see Denmark, China and Finland.
– Going to Lagos and staying there all day, but we just weren’t sold on Austria v Faroe Islands at 6pm.
WPS Players we’ll see play:
Denmark – Johanna Rasmussen (Atlanta Beat)
I’ll do my best to tweet throughout the day tomorrow and keep you in the loop with these matches. I’ll be sure to post complete match results late tomorrow evening after we return to the hotel which will include all the games.