2019 was a big year for women in sport, and also the year of the Women’s World Cup.
Many old records were broken, new records were set, and the world showed it is ready to wholeheartedly consume Women’s sports – with record viewing figures recorded for the Women’s World-Cup final.
2019 Women in Sports Highlights and Records
- Darts: Fallon Sherrock – first ever woman to beat a man at the PDC World Championships
- Boxing: Claressa Shields becomes undisputed women’s middleweight world boxing champion
- Gymnastics: Simone Biles is a 19-time gold medalist
- Athletics: Sifan Hassan does remarkable double & breaks 22 year old mile record
- Soccer: Manchester City vs Manchester United sets record Women’s Super League attendance
- Golf: Jin Young Ko’s 114 hole bogeyless run beats Tiger Woods’ Record
- Cricket: Australia’s incredible ODI winning streak
- Athletics: Brigid Kosgei smashes Paula Radcliffe’s marathon time by 81 seconds
- Dina Asher-Smith gives Britain its first world sprint title
- Soccer: USA win fourth Women’s World Cup and break every record under the Sun